Tuesday, July 29, 2008

東京タワー | Tokyo Tower


Located in Shibuya Park, Japan's tallest artificial structure, the Tokyo Tower, stands at a towering 300 plus meters tall. Inspired by the Eiffel Tower if Paris, Tokyo Tower was built in in 1958 as a broadcasting tower for major television and radio outlets. Since then, the tower has always been a part of Tokyo, if not whole of Japan. Because of its height and location, the Tokyo Tower can be seen from various parts of Tokyo, indluding Rappongi, the Imperial gardens, and even Shinjuku train station.



It was too bad that we did not get a chance to take a ride up to the top. But at least we got to see a monkey perform tricks. And I got to take a photo with the mascot. I was thinking at it looked like a pink condom, but I was too scared to write it down on this blog untill upon further research just now confirmed my thoughts. Yes, the mascot is a pink penis (please correct me if im wrong!). Its name is Noppon.

No comments: